Management Information System Old Question Paper Year 2018 | Tribhuvan University | Program BBA
Brief Answer Questions: [1*10=10]
1. List the resources of MIS.
2. Define business process.
3. What is synergy?
4 What are the social issues in information system?
5. What is IT infrastructure?
6. Define data warehouse.
7. Why is disaster recovery planning important?
8. What is business process reengineering?
9. Write the importance of knowledge management system.
10. Define business intelligence.
Short Answer Questions: [5×4=20]
11. How MIS can help organization to become customer-focused?
12. Consider any organization and list information requirement of middle level managers of that organization.
3. How IT can help organization to differentia the product from its competitors? Explain with example.
14. What are the key technology trends that raise ethical issues? Explain.
15. Why end user involvement and management support are important in software development?
Comprehensive Answer Questions: [2×5=10]
16. Read the following scenario and answer the questions given below:
Henry’s Hardware is a small family business in a Sacramento, California. Owners must sue every square foot of store space as profitably as Possible. They have never kept detailed inventory or sales records. As soon as a shipment of goods arrives, the items are immediately placed on store shelves. Invoices from suppliers are only kept for tax purposes. When an item is sold, the item number and price are rung up at the cash register. The owners use their own judgment in identifying items that need to be recorded.
a. List advantages of keeping detailed information about inventory and sales.
b. List what problems Henry’s hardware has to face?