Business Statistics Old Question Paper Year 2017 | Tribhuvan University | Program BBA
Brief Answer Questions: [4×2=8]
- 1) A sample of 100 workers in an electronic company gave a mean assembly time of 348 seconds with standard deviation of 14 seconds. Find the 95%confidence limits for mean assembly time for all workers in an electronic company.
- 2) The age distribution of family heads of a certain village is given below.
|Age of family head||20-30||30-40||40-50||50-60||60-70||70-80|
|No. of families||12||20||35||25||18||10|
Find the modal age.
- 3) In an examination 62% of the students have passed in Sociology, 35% of the students have passed in Basic Mathematics and 24% have passed in both Sociology and Basic Mathematics. A student is selected at random. What is the probability that the students has passed in Sociology given that he has passed in Basic Mathematics.
- 4) Calculate an appropriate measures of dispersion from the following data of monthly rent.
|Monthly rent 00 Rs.||Below 10||10-14||15-19||20-24||25-29||Above 29|
|No. of employees||9||20||35||40||24||12|
Short Answer Questions: [4 x 3= 12]
- 5) Compute the five-number summary from the following data and comment on the shape of the distribution.
- 6) Daily expenditure on lunch of the staff of Megha Bank of 400 employees was found to be normally distributed with mean of Rs.120 and standard deviation of Rs.30. Find the number of employees having expenditure Rs.105 and Rs.140.
- 7) A random sample of 100 students is found to have a mean weight of 55 kg and standard deviation of 40 kg. Test with 95% confidence that the mean weight in the population is 60 kg.
- 8) The following information was obtained from two brand of cars A and B.
|No. of cars||50||50|
|Average life in years||11||12|
Which of the two brands shows greater consistency in its performance?
Comprehensive Answer Questions: [2*8=16]
- 9) A JTA of Sankhu Metropolitan City has the following information of land used and production of potatoes in 9 plots.
|Cultivated area (ropanies)||2||4||5||7||8||9||10||11||12|
|Production of potatoes ‘000’ kg||3||6||8||9||10||12||15||19||24|
Develop the regression equation to estimate the production of potatoes when the cultivates areas is 15 ropanies. Also find the correlation coefficient between production and areas.
- 10) Annual sales in lakh Rs in 40 shops are as follows.
- a) Construct a stem and leaf display.
- b) Calculate the coefficient of kurtosis.
- c) Comment in the nature of the distribution.