Business Statistics Old Question Paper Year 2016 | Tribhuvan University | Program BBA
Brief Answer Questions: [4×2=8]
1) The mean and coefficient of variation of a certain data are 20 and 30% Calculate standard deviation and variance.
2) In a nationwide survey, 1500 persons selected at random were asked their opinion about the negative impact of TV on children. Out of this sample, 900 persons answered positively. Construct a 99% confidence limit of the corresponding positive proportion regarding such opinion of all persons.
3) What is sampling? Describe the characteristics of probability sampling.
4) The probability of boy will pass the examination is 0.5 and the probability of girls will pass the examination is 0.4. What is the probability that
a. Both of them will pass the examination
b. None of them will pass the examination
Short Answer Questions: [14×3=12]
5) Compute the five-number summary from the following series of daily profit (in Rs 000) of seven different shops.
|Profits ‘000’ Rs||10||15||21||35||48||65||90|
Form the Box and whisker Plot and describe the shape of the distributions.
6) An advertising agency wants to find out if there is any difference in the degree of loyalty for a given brand of clothes between men and women. A random sample of 200 men and 200 women was taken and it was determined that 52% of women and 60% of men showed brand loyalty. At α=0.05, test the null hypothesis that there is no significant difference between the population proportion of men and women who are brand loyal using p-value approach.
7) The following information of income distribution was obtained from two companies A and B.
N1=2, Ex = 156, Ex2 =4200, n2 =12, Ey =144, Ey2 =2436. Ascertain which company has more uniform profit.
8) A committee of 5 is to be formed out of a group of 8 boys and 7 girls. Find the probability that in the committee there will be all boys there will be at least one girl.
Comprehensive Answer Questions: [2×8=16]
9) The following table represents the pass marks obtained by 40 students in Mathematics in the final examination.
75, 64, 56 65, 88, 70, 72, 86, 90, 83, 78, 56, 50, 52, 68, 67, 71, 62, 76, 90, 85, 73
98, 85, 75, 76,77,73, 94, 74, 42, 61, 48, 52, 47, 89,69, 82, 66, 92
a. Construct a stem and leaf display for the data.
b. Construct a frequency distribution for the data.
c. Tests whether the data given fits normal curve.
10) The following table shows the number of students having different heights and weight.
|Height in centimeter||Weights in KGs|
Is there any relationship between height and weight of the students? Also, estimate the weight of student whose height is 182 centimeter.